Monday, April 28, 2014

Blogging Assessment #1


The blog post that demonstrated my writer’s voice best was my book review on Doomed.  Some words or phrases that show my voice as a writer are, “I enjoyed this book because it's really suspenseful and the characters are really well developed.”  This shows that I like to explain why I liked the book. One example that shows my personality as a writer is how I like to leave the reader questioning about the book so they’ll want to read it. “Within the blog are twelve pictures of her past in which Pandora downloads, unknowingly she unleashes the worm as well. Now it's up to her to play the game and save the world. Could her past really be the key to saving the world?” This shows that I like to leave the reader hanging.

One example of diction used in this post is abstract diction. “Pandora's Box was a game created by Pandora's long lost father in hopes of creating a better world. On Pandora's seventeenth birthday she gets an email from her father with a link to a blog that her dad created talking about how they'd used to be so close.” This shows the emotion Pandora felt when she got the email from her long lost father on her seventeenth birthday. An example of syntax being used is when I left the reader hanging with a question. “Within the blog are twelve pictures of her past in which Pandora downloads, unknowingly she unleashes the worm as well. Now it's up to her to play the game and save the world. Could her past really be the key to saving the world?” This shows punctuation being used to create suspense for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment