The setting of The Daughters Break the Rules is in New York City. I know this because Carina comes out and says to her dad: "Twenty dollars a week-in New York City? He might as well have given her nothing"(Philbin 55). I can infer that Carina is going to fight for her rights that her dad took from her. You can tell because of the way she reacts when her dad cuts her off. The way Carina always talks back to her dad also shows you that she's going to put up a fight to get her rights back that her dad took from her. I can also infer that Carina's dad probably isn't happy with the way how Carina is so disrespectful towards him. In the beginning of the book Carina tells her dad what she thinks about him by saying, " Is that all a being a father means to you? Paying for stuff?" (Philbin 25). He shows that she disrespected him by cutting her off.

Is Carina 15 or 16? Because that is what her age sounds like. Talking back and wanting more money.
ReplyDeleteCarina is actually 14 but you were really close considering the fact I didn't include her age in my post.
Delete