Friday, September 13, 2013

Reading Skills: The Daughters Break the Rules

I am currently reading The Daughters Break the Rules. From what I've read so far I predict that the "Daughter" in this book, Carina Jurgensen's dad is going to eventually be taught by Carina that money isn't everything and that he will learn to start caring for her more. From what I've read so far I wonder if Carina's dad will learn to start caring for her instead of being a spoiled billionaire. A text-to-text connection that I can make is that in both 13 Little Blue Envelopes and this book both of the main characters are given a certain amount of money they can use to survive for a certain amount of time. Another text-to-text connection I can make is that in the book School Spirits and in this book both of the main characters don't get to see one of their parents very often. A text-to-self connection I can make with Carina is that both of our dads don't really know us very well. Another text-to self connection I can make is that Carina's friend, Lizzie likes to read and write I too enjoy reading and writing. A text-world connection I can make is that fact that Carina says it's impossible to survive on twenty dollars for a week when you live in New York. This is similar to the real world because there is no way you could survive on a whole week in New York if you are only given twenty dollars. This is different from the real world because in the real world your parents probably wouldn't force you to live on twenty dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment